13 April 2008

Metro de Madrid Ad ft Filipinos

A friend in Madrid, N, just recently sent a youtube link to a Metro de Madrid (Madrid subway company) ad that featured Filipinos. The dialogue was in Tagalog, and Spanish subtitle is used since it's played in Spain. I Like-y!! See a snapshot of the ad below.


Despite the seeming pandering to stereotypical notions of the Philippines, it still somehow well-represented the culture. I liked the language they used, the choice of words, the dignity, etc...

Seeing the ad made me miss Madrid/Spain though, especially when I heard the voice-over guy speaking in Spanish. :( Brought back memories. 'Cause it reminded me of the TV commercials there, as well as, of course, almost everything else I heard while in Spain that really brought home the fact that I was in Spain. Waaaa!

The ad also reminded me of the good things about the Philippines. For once here's a nice representation of the country/culture without the unpleasant distraction of Western pop culture imbibed into it as it is imitated in local media.

Also, Filipinos don't have a bad rep in Spain. At least I didn't get that impression while I was there. They are all hard-working and honest and friendly.

Kudos to McCann Erickson and of course, to Metro de Madrid. I love Spain! :D

You can find another youtube video of its longer and somehow funnier version when you go to the link above.
Thanks N, for sharing the link... =)


space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...