11 August 2008

Lost Data

My external hard disk just recently died on me. I lost a lot of files but most of the important ones I've backed up to CD prior to backing up to that hard disk. The CDs were the source of most data in that hard drive. So am fine with that.

However, all the photos I have from March to Sept. of 2006 are now lost. No CD back up there. Waaaah!! Most of them were photos from work, with the project/team I was on. And the time I spent on that employed period was among the better experiences I had, plus the friends I gathered along the way, were just simply valuable.... *sigh*. My office venue at the time was also the best location I've ever worked in so far. Arrrghhh! This incident really sucks!! Grrrr!!

That's like 6 months worth of recorded memories of my life history lost. Uggh! Demmit! Might have to arrange to get copies from one of my friends from work at that time who might have stored copies of her own. Gah. Hi J! *waves* lol!

Good thing I still have copies of the 2006 photos worth around 3.5 gb big since I haven't backed those up to another storage medium yet either. The backed up ones were in the said external hard drive. Am just really glad I hadn't thought to delete those 2006 photos from my other computer, its primary storage location.

Lesson learned: always back up data to CD/DVD/whathaveyou, and not just to an external hard drive that lasts 1 - 3 years on average (in my case, less than 2 years). So remember: Have data + storage media, won't wait and will back up.

And that's that.
Waaah!


space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...