25 May 2009

Life is Sweet... and Blessed


"I thank you God for this most amazing day,
for the leaping greenly spirits of trees,
and for the blue dream of sky
and for everything which is natural,
which is infinite,
which is yes."
-- e. e. cummings


Spent a nice and lazy Saturday afternoon and evening on a park overlooking the beach and mountains in Vancouver... joined the locals, chilled out, and caught some warmth and sunshine with no humidity. Saying that this time spent is 'nice' could be an understatement. hehe!

This park/beach is just across the street from where am staying. And across that beach you get to see some snow-capped mountains.
I see the beach and mountains right away when I step out the door/look out through the glass panes... You can say this park/beach is like my 'front yard'. lol. It's great.


Laid down my sarong from Puerto Galera on the grass and watched people strolling, walking, running, blading, skating, sunning, laid down reading (like me), sleeping, biking, playing volleyball, badminton, basketball and frisbee, on picnics, grilling, sleeping, dads spending time with their toddler/s on the grass or on the sand, families, kids on the beach, people taking photos, hardly any tourists around, etc... And later in the day watched the sunset.


I could live this life every weekend when there's the sun when I can.. but alas, some things aren't really meant to last. hehe! So we enjoy it while we can... it's like that saying "when in Rome, do as the Romans do..." hihi!

Hence the photos.... posting here some pics of my time at the park.... enjoy.. :)

a sailboat and some snow-capped mountains


a guy across me at the park enjoying his siesta and
beyond him can be seen the bike trail, beach, and
some snow-capped mountains....



shot of sunset taken while wind/air became chilly

space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...