21 August 2010

Photography - Yuri Kozyrev



I like this photo by Russian photojournalist Yuri Kozyrev on one of the articles for Time magazine's Aug. 16, 2010 issue. As soon as I first turned the page on the article with this photo occupying two whole pages (as the article's cover) I stopped and had to look at it again. It's so beautiful that here I am now, blogging about it. Lol!

After seeing the first photo above, I checked out the other pics in the article and I like all the photos featured in the print edition. I think this is the first time I've ever really noticed good photography in one article of Time. Hehe! The main photo of the article (above) is my favorite too, of all those featured. But all the photos are quite striking in light and shadow and composition.






The article is about Russia's internal civil conflict. See the photo essay here.  Above are just some of the pics used in the print version. They're quite dramatic and have impact (to me certainly).

I wish I had even a fraction of the talent and opportunities of photographer Yuri Kozyrev. hehe!

space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...