14 November 2010

Speaking of Which...


Once, on a drive to Tagaytay with someone from the UK, we were driving/travelling along traffic in Cavite via the Coastal Road from Roxas Boulevard in Manila.

I'm not sure but...

someone from the UK: Why is there the term "Executive" on the names of the subdivisions? I've been noticing many of them. (and sort of already pointing out to me one such offending instance).

Me: Huh? Damned if I know. I wish I knew why. *shrugging* Lol!!

But of course I didn't say the above. :P I replied that I don't know either and now that he mentioned it, I've also noticed the same thing unconsciously I suppose (growing up in the Philippines) but never voiced it out to someone yet. They aren't just in the south of Metro Manila but even north too, I'm sure.

We certainly have many strange unexplainable ways of adapting the English language that aren't really used in such ways by native English speakers.  The above sample is just one of them.  You might say before there was the jejemon, there was already a similar pre-jejemon use of English already in our midst, just like above.  That that's the jejemon way of the old.  The only difference being, these jejemons of old spelled words correctly.  Hehe!  :P

space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...