28 January 2011

Only in the Philippines - Dance to Mamang Sorbetero



I was out shopping in Makati with an old friend who just arrived from San Francisco where she's been based for some 20 years now, when we came across the performance above.  It's a folk dance performance to the non-traditional old Tagalog pop tune Mamang Sorbetero.

It was performed by the salespeople at SM Department Store's Kultura store (where you can buy all things Filipiniana or other Philippines souvenirs).  It was really a pleasant surprise.  Sweet too.  We, like the other shoppers around, stopped to watch. I don't know what balikbayan or which adult Filipino at least wouldn't appreciate the performance or found it fun.  Hehe!




I thought at first the employees were just doing a short cheer or something 'cause that's what i think we first heard. Then I turned to look to see a group of them starting dancing.  Gaah!  Called my friend's attention to come over my side and watch.   Lol! :D  I just had to step out a bit and video it with my cellphone camera.  And so did my friend.  She got the better vantage point though 'cause I had to stay within the store entrance 'cause I was holding on to the last piece available of some home decor that I was gonna buy for when I move to my own flat.  hehe!

I thought the performance was sweet, cute, and brought real smiles to our faces.  Only in the Philippines!  =D


0 comments:

Post a Comment

space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...