28 March 2011

My Travel Bug



Ever since I can remember, my family has always gone out of town for trips especially during my siblings' and my school vacations.  You wouldn't find us at home almost every Sunday during the summer school break.  At other times, they were spontaneous weekend day trips.  My dad is the sort who likes going out on long drives.  We either go to the beaches or Baguio or Tagaytay way back when.  We all loved and enjoyed these trips.  My dad takes lots of pics too.  

My mom also enjoys her travelling outside of the country.  Whereas my dad only usually does it for business or to visit relatives.  And us kids got our overseas vacations like they were our right of passage in the family.  So growing up, my siblings and I all ended up being travel bugs, some more than the others.  Lol.  It became one of my raisons d'etre for having gone into the career I am in now (IT with multinational companies... means opportunities to work and therefore travel as well, to overseas with minimal visa application hassle.. lol)


Shots of me in San Francisco, Germany, Paris, and Spain


Therefore, for me, as long as I get to explore/travel a city, a rural area, or a place with varying topography, or where I can shoot pics with interesting subjects, I'm happy.  I like this activity better than I do shopping.  And if I'm not shopping for Sanrio items, I best like shopping only when it has something to do with shopping for items for my travel, shopping for souvenirs, or shopping for home decor/items at the country I'm visiting.  Lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...