19 June 2011

Paris - No Woman No Cry...at the Arrondissement 18




Why do I like France/Paris...?  It's not so much the monuments, or the food, but rather its richness and appreciation of arts and culture, and not just for the high art sort of culture... hehe.

I like listening to many different sorts of music, sometimes in different languages.  And Paris is a pretty good place to be for this.  Arts and culture appreciation is so inherent in them it's not uncommon to find it manifested quite more overtly in their urban landscape than in many other urban cities.

A lot of times, you can encounter talented or interesting artists and musicians performing on the streets, the metro, etc...like it's just another ordinary day,  like this guy Ben L'Oncle Soul singing in the Metro.  I was listening to an online French music station when I heard it play one of his songs -- Elle Me Dit.  And I was like, Wow.  Loved what I heard and now I have mp3s of his album.  I took a look in youtube today to know more about this artist and found this, probably one of his older performances.




Nice no? Effortless talent indeed, especially with his rather distinct voice.  You should view their accoustic cover of Acqua's Barbie Girl song.  Lol! Here's another show of talent from him:





Below are videos I recorded of some performances I encountered on the streets in Paris, taken with my old point and shoot camera's video feature:


This one was recorded on a footbridge along the Seine, at the arrondissement 4.  That was pretty cool too.



This one right below was at the Trocadero,  quite near the Eiffel Tower. Not too artistic but a cultural show from immigrants.  Many people certainly stopped to watch, including yours truly. Lol.



And this one was taken just outside the Basilique du Sacré-Coeur in Montmartre (arrondissement 18).  A guy was playing guitar and singing Bob Marley's No Woman No Cry and changed lyrics. 


The crowds at the foot of the cathedral even sang along with him.  Lol!!


Even though I take many photos, I'm glad I take some videos too and recorded the above scenes (not the ones from youtube though, the first two)... 'Cause sometimes, pictures just aren't enough. hehe.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...