25 September 2011

Current Phone

while installing the Skype app


Just got myself a new phone plan, and it came with a free Google Nexus S phone.  It seemed to be the best deal so far with many unlimited features (including unlimited international texting) and the phone was a bonus.  I deliberately avoided choosing plans with Blackberry units or Nokia with Symbian OS (we all know where both are headed I think. hehe! :P ).

Wasn't really planning on an Android phone but needed a new mobile plan asap and it just so happens that the Samsung Google Nexus S is the best with the offer so far, since Apple's iPhone 5 is not yet released (tsk...).  I've been waiting for the iPhone 5 but need a mobile phone service asap so this free Android phone that came with the plan will do for now.  After all it came free when its actual cost is 400-500 USD thereabouts.  Gosh.  hehe!  Wasn't even aware of this model 'til I started looking around in shops for a new mobile phone plan the day before I got it.

So far so good.  Been like bringing a pocket PC with me with this smartphone.  hehe.  I just hate the apps running in the background when you don't need them.  And one big caveat?  My Macbook Pro with Lion OSX (yes I replaced my 5-year-old Mac with the striped feline OS) can't read the thing when I connect it via USB.  Gaaah!!  What's up with that?  :(   So might really switch to an iPhone 5 later once it's available.  Good thing I didn't shell out any cash for this free Android phone.  *sigh*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...