09 September 2011

Design - I Like Some Felines

 my shot of one such feline at a teahouse in the Himalaya, Nepal


I've been liking felines and it's only now that I've realized it.  I like Sanrio/Hello Kitty.  I like my different Mac OSXs (a striped one, and my current roaring feline... skipped the one in the snow).  And I like Puma since 2007.

These words from my Puma's shoebox too made my day:
"Re-cyle

1. As a doll's house, for a small doll.
2. As a container for useless stuff you really should have chucked out by now.
3. As a place for private photos you can't store on your hard disc."

And I was even thinking to keep the shoebox for actual photos (not necessarily the private kind) am packing, before I read those words on the box package when I got home.  Lol!

Am removing old photos from their photo albums instead of packing the albums and having those taking a bigger space in a moving carton.  Then put back the shoes into the box once am at my new destination.

The box also has a guide on shoe sizes where it compares some selected sizes to real life items. Case in point: If your shoe size is a France size 47, it's as long as a "party blower blown", or if it's a US men's size 16 and 1/2, they're as long as "a gangster's gold chain". hahaha! Crazy Puma!

The barcode's kinda funny too.  

screenshot from http://martin318is.blogspot.com/ website


To know more about Puma's re-inventing the design of the shoebox as we know it: click here.
(Indeed it'd be great if several other shoe companies follow suit.)

To read a rather funny and cool story about this shoe company: click here.
(No wonder I like this feline then:  I liked its sibling's shoes, too, before this feline's revival).

Yeah... I'm definitely not gonna throw out this old box yet! hehe! :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment

space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...