07 November 2011

Skip This Book



Have you ever bought or read a certain sci-fi/thriller/suspense book and wished you hadn't done either?  That it was just hype and that it didn't live up to it?  Well, I just recently did and hope others would steer clear of this book -- The Passage by Justin Cronin.  You can perhaps borrow it, but I wouldn't recommend buying it.

The story seemed too long or prolonged.  It read like one long, winding and somewhat badly edited movie with no clear direction.

I can't believe I actually finished reading it.  Lol.  The first part seemed okay.  However, I was expecting an ending, like a loose ends tied ending.  But didn't get it.  Why?  'Cause turns out the book is the first of a trilogy.

And then I find out eventually that the author collaborated with Ridley Scott, and that it's the first novel out of a supposed trilogy.  No wonder then.  It was deliberately written with the possibility of having it made into a movie/s.  Talk about hype and commercialization.

You can bet am not gonna bother with the sequels.  And I say this right after I finished reading it and put down the book, and without having known at the time that it's the first of a trilogy or that it's a collaboration with Ridley Scott.

Oh well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...