06 December 2012

Inspired

Amazing runner and inspirational video.  I miss running.


"...pushing out of that comfort zone. 
Makes you realize how lucky and 
how fortunate we are."




"There's lots of different paths you can take. 
Kind of which set of footprints do you take or 
do you make your own path, 
I think that's the same as life.

Kind of if you follow the same path 
you're always gonna be  
making the same mistakes as the person in front of you.

It's about trying to take the right option 
in order to have the best experience and 
make the most of it and 
make that experience a success."



You definitely got that right,  Mr.  Ryan Sandes. hehe!

Add to that, that sometimes, you don't need your gadgets and Twitter and Facebook or what not to be on a high. Teehee! =)

I must say though, the video reminds me of our Himalaya trek guides last year. They could probably just as easily do the running he does, and in Crocs or rubber thong sandals even, honest.

 take note of the footwear climbing the Himalaya, dearie


our Nepali trek guide Hari in his trusty ol' Crocs while 
we were at the foothills of the Himalaya.  
He started wearing the Crocs when his running shoes gave in.
 Kind of made me feel like an utter "highlander" 
in all our gear.  Da hell!  Tee hee!
And he never missed a beat except 
when he had to slow down for the likes of me.  Lol!  
Dhaany baad Hari.  Hehe.



Speaking of trips... I'd like to go on a road trip again some time I just don't know when.  I've done Canada's Icefields Parkway... one of the world's top drives of a lifetime, according to National Geographic.  I certainly agree.  But next, I'd like to try Norway, Iceland, or Scotland.  So many places to see.  I wonder where my next trip shall take me?  Gah.


space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...