16 February 2014

My Sanrio Fix Today

Just bought a bunch of Sanrio stuff again, this time online, from the sanrio.com website and ebay.  I was initially looking for some cute Sanrio stickers for my camera but wound up staying on the Sanrio site and putting the products below into my shopping cart.  Ack.

The funny thing is, when I checked my order history at the Sanrio site, it's exactly a year to the day of my last order from them.  Same date, but a year later.  What a coincidence.  Lol.  And good thing that the site has a 20% off promo off the order total amount.  Nice!


So from sanrio.com I got the following:

1.  6 plush dolls,
- the 3 Goropikadons
- a classic Hello Kitty
- a Kero Kero Keroppi
- and a blue Hello Kitty Lucky Cat

Goropikadon is among those Sanrio characters I remember back when I was a kid and haven't seen for a long time.  What a pleasant surprise to see them cropping up again at the Sanrio site.


2.  a Goropikadon pen,






3.  a little Hello Kitty bowl (possibly for my pet as her food bowl).  It was about 50% off so I might as well.




4.  a Little Twin Stars plastic plate,







5.  2 Hello Kitty holiday mugs below (half price off), giving away the second as a gift

 the other side of the mug





6.  and a big Tuxedo Sam tote (half price off too)
 


This tote, now I checked sanrio.com, it's out of stock.  I think I got the last one, at least I hope so.  Lol!


One of the Hello Kitty plush dolls I bought -- the Hello Kitty Lucky Cat -- seems really cute because of the blue color that I like and the Chinese/Japanese characters on it (another design I like).





The Little Twin Stars plate I got, I am thinking to make that as the base for the Re-ment Little Twin Stars miniature set I have when I get around to setting that up.  Lol.  The other Little Twin Stars plates or trays online are just too pricey.



Below are stuff I didn't get to buy:


1. Hello Kitty dog bowl


I would have liked this Hello Kitty bowl for my pet.  It's the kind of pet dish I've been looking for: elevated from the floor with legs.  However, it's kinda pricey, and it's designed for dogs.  So I held back from buying it.  It's really cute though.  Lucky dog, whichever dog it is that gets one.  Lol.



2.  Zashikibuta plush from the same collection as the 6 plush I got.

Zashikibuta's one of my favorite Sanrio characters.  But this plush doesn't look like the Zashikibuta I know.  I had a Zashikibuta plush that looked nearer to the actual character than this plush on sanrio.com (now sold out I believe).



3. Pata Pata Peppy plush


Ain't it just adorable?  It's from the same plush collection as previously discussed.  Unfortunately, the item's no longer available for sale.  Tsk.

I think Sanrio should bring back this character in their product lineup.  Liked this when I was a kid, just like Zashikibuta.

Sanrio site also ran out of the Dear Daniel version.  Too bad.

The other important characters for the same 5" plush collection as above that I didn't get to buy:

4.  Tuxedo Sam plush, I'd get one too but Sanrio site lists it as unavailable. Just my bad luck.


I already own a Bad Badtz Maru version that's now more than 10 years old from when Sanrio first started releasing 5-inch plush collection of their characters.  It's the plush I bring with me when I'm out travelling or overseas. hehe.

4.  Kiki and Lala 5" plush
Gaaaah.  Both are out of stock. Of all characters to run out of, it has to be my favorites.  Boo.  So bummed.




Now I got two other Sanrio stuff from ebay.
1.  a Little Twin Stars sharpener that's like a milk carton



2.  a Hello Kitty Mini Town playset to complete my Hello Kitty Mini Town collection.  I got the Playground version.

I collect these Hello Kitty Mini Town playsets.  I already have the Convenience Store and the My House versions.  Hehe.  There's another playset I'm just not sure if it's also a Mini Town series but it includes a little train thing.  I'd like that!  hehe.  But that set costs about as much as the cost of the 3 Mini Town sets combined.  Hmmm.  Gotta budget for that I think.  Lol.

So.. there goes my Sanrio fix again.  Can't believe myself sometimes, buying these toys/Sanrio stuff.  And me an adult.  But life's short.  You can't bring money to heaven with you.  So might as well get the things I like since childhood before they're gone.  Lol!

Then once I figure things out, I am thinking to select a nook at home where I can designate as the place where I can display all these kawaii stuff.  Might have to add some shelves somewhere in my abode.  Right now my other Sanrio plush and toys are still stored away.  Would be nice to see them all come together and make my tooth ache.  Lol!



*screenshots from ebay.com and sanrio.com

space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...