03 November 2014

Updating My Mac OSX

Ok today I've finally started the road to updating my Mac OSX from OSX Lion to Yosemite if possible.  This road involves backing up my files first prior to any update tasks.  To this end I've backed up files both manually and via my Macbook Pro's Time Machine program.  

I had to delete lots of unnecessary files from my Macbook just so the Time Machine backup would be able to fit in my external back up device.  I removed the unnecessary photos and music files from my Macbook because I've already manually backed up before.  So now Time Machine's currenty doing the back up, just less than 100 gb for everything.

I have a feeling the Time Machine back up might take 2 hours or more.  We'll see.  Until it's done, I can't proceed to my OSX update.  My OSX is so behind by 3 versions.  I have to update to the next 2 versions first before I can update to the Yosemite version.  And I'm not sure if the 2 versions are still available for my pre-Yosemite update --> Mountain Lion and Mavericks.

I hate updating versions whether its Windows or Mac but between the two, I'd prefer doing a Mac update.  I feel it's more straightforward.  I just don't want to spend most of tonight doing updates and any more complex troubleshooting. Ugh.

Good luck to me!

space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...