01 June 2006

Things to be Thankful For

I am thankful:

- that I have a 5-day workweek

- that it's 8 hours of work each day
- that I have 2 days off each week to do whatever else needs doing,
spend more precious time with people who matter to me, or enjoy
other
activities
-
that I can afford to buy some books even when they are only paperbacks.
-
that I'm not overweight. Yet.
- And therefore, I have little or less chances of health complications while
I'm at it.
-
that I can get by with two more foreign languages other than English
-
that my workplace has little politics if at all, at least not the unfavorable
sort that can drain one's spirit or morale
- that the people I work with are extremely competent and professional:
no gossipmongers, f***wits and megalomaniacs (borrowing from Bridget Jones's Diary),
sycophants (yes, look it up in the dictionary, won't you? haha.. jk.), and manipulators.
No someone who behaves like he knows everything but actually he knows nothing
nor what he's talking about and he doesn't seem to be even aware of it. Really. And
everybody else would just love to thump him. haha! It's incredible once you get to
meet a person such as this. Believe me I've met this sort. Hehe.
-
that I have great friends with little hang-ups nor major insecurities that impinge
negatively on
others
-
that I even have time for this blog right now. :P
-
that the project am currently on at work is something where I learn many new
interesting things for Web 2.0 and J2EE architecture
-
that I have a pet dog
-
that I live in a great neighborhood
-
that I love my house
-
that I was able to get myself a Macintosh notebook
-
that I was able to go to the places I wanted to go to for the longest time before I hit 30 years of age
- to Tim Berners-Lee or whoever else is responsible for the Internet
- that I know how to thank and be grateful to the people who have been good to me, especially during my travels
- etc.. :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment

space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...