11 October 2008

Philippines - Map of Visited Areas

The Lakbayan results below only reminds me of how much more there is to see in my own country than in Singapore. Areas marked in blue are places where I've been to or passed through travelling around the country eversince I can remember... with family on weekends out of town, or friends.


My Lakbayan grade is C!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Singapore was kind of a dud, if not for some friends who hosted me while there. There isn't much to do in Singapore but the city stuff.... and we have lots of that and more in Manila.. *sigh*. Greenbelt, Bonifacio High Street, Serendra.... much more interesting, and hands down the winners especially after Greenbelt 5 opened... more beautiful/interesting people to see too.. hihi!

I guess for someone like me who likes culture and travel photography more than I do shopping for fashion and stuff, Singapore didn't exactly meet my expectations. What they have, we usually have, except for the strict enforcement of the law. :P So what else might be interesting? But thank goodness for the Singapore Zoo. But that's it. Lol!

I'm sure I'm really gonna be bored if I live and work there so I've turned down job offers for Singapore IT work. If ever I accept an offer, it might be because I'll be sharing a flat with good friends and hence lessen the chances of boring myself to tears and homesickness.

I was actually quite eager to go back to 'pinas again especially while at the airport waiting to board my flight back home. I was eager to see different things again, no matter how third world. Different housing structures.. unruly billboards... huuuge traffic.... pastoral farmlands and silhouettes of mountains by the highway, great beaches.. different kinds of people with varying degrees of dress and fashion sense... At least it seems more diverse and alive.

It was just somehow tiring seeing the same landscape of similar housing structures and all that in Singapore.. everything seemed uniform. It actually crossed my mind that is this what it might be like (even a bit) living in a communist country? Heck even China seems more interesting. In Singapore, I was at the metro already and it seemed like I was still in their mall. Things like that... It was like there was something missing and I just can't point out exactly what it was? Soul maybe? I don't know... I was just glad to go back to something like the Philippines.. Lol!

In the meantime, all things being equal, I'd rather stick with the Philippines, its life, vibrancy, places to see, culture, and diversity of people than settle in Singapore. It was good while it lasted but it's not a destination I'd care to go out of my way to revisit for leisure purposes unless somebody else foots the bill. :P

space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...