01 October 2008

New or Used Car?

If the car in question is not a reliable German car (read BMW or Audi that gives you value for money), buy used. hehe!

If I had the money now and as well as for any additional maintenance costs (what with the roads and reckless drivers in Metro Manila) I'd buy an Audi (new or used). *sigh*
or should that be, *huhu!*? Lol.

me and my Audi :P in Germany, with my initials on the plate

I'm one of those people who sort of live according to the principle derived from a quote by William Morris, "Have nothing that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." Keeps things simple. :)

That's why I bought and use a Mac (though it's not that expensive anymore now), and just got myself an older version of the iPod (the iPod Video, which costs about 2x or more the cost of the latest iPod Classic version). Using Mac saves me computer repair problems in the long run (not to mention the time and effort it'd take to have it repaired), and gives me a better computing experience. And I would buy a designer bag (i.e. Hermes, Dior, Balenciaga, Loewe, Lanvin, or LV... the authentic ones of course :P) if I know I can use it on a daily basis without breaking my back. hehe!

I guess in the end it's a matter of being able to afford quality or knowing the value for money of the item one wishes to own and use. If it means less time and effort spent trying to keep up with the Joneses yet still not be dowdy (unlike when you change cars every few years because there's a new hot Japanese car model out..), less headache for me, less time spent for maintenance, and hence I get to spend my time and live my life in quality, then I say go for it. Time is now my luxury. I'd rather spend it doing things I like doing than spend it over headaches, inconvenience, and stress that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

I'm for spending more now for a few more expensive/quality items that I know I'll be using regularly and would last me longer, than often buying less expensive but ultimately unusable items that probably wouldn't last 2-3 years and end up looking like it's ready to reside in a trash bin, sold, or given away in a shorter time than you would have liked.

The above principle doesn't always apply to my apparel/shoe shopping habits though. And I don't buy accessories much, only when I need them. But that's another story.

Just my two cents'. =)


space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...