13 February 2010

Polaroid Pogo

testing my Pogo: the 2" x 3" pics produced by the
device and the device printing my pic of the Eiffel Tower


I just bought a new toy called Polaroid Pogo. It's an ultra-portable photo printer which prints out 2" x 3" pics from a bluetooth enabled device (such as a cellphone or computer) or from a digital camera via USB.

I kind of had a few misgivings about buying one 'cause of a review I read by a photography person in the creative industry. But he was comparing it with a Fujifilm mobile printer which isn't available for sale anywhere except in Japan or eBay.



Because I can't get that Fujifilm mobile photo printer after months of scouting (I don't quite want to try buying the printer and the film from eBay), I've finally bought Polaroid's instead on the third time I passed by a Polaroid stall at a mall on my way back home after work. It was the last in stock. After I bought it, only the display item was left.

So tonight, I tested my device by sending photos from a cellphone and from my Mac, and I must say I'm quite happy with the results. I wish the pics came with a white border (like Fujifilm's) but just seeing the pics produced in under a minute was a real treat. Lol! That was fast and convenient. Wow. No more procastinating for me now when it comes to photo processing of pics I like. Hehe!

It's sized slightly larger than a cellphone. Like an external hard drive. I travel once in a while and this mobile photo printer is a very convenient item to bring since I do like documenting my travels in written form in a travel journal, during the travel itself. This device makes one be even more interested in doing so because the paper the device prints on is actually a sticker too that you can paste the printout on your journal or anywhere else. Cool eh?



to see how small the printer is, I put my bracelet beside it


It came with a rechargeable battery and charger, as well as a pack of 10 sheets of the photo paper. No ink needs to be bought. It's already in the paper that's also a sticker. It's portable, convenient, and just fun to use. I should get a couple more packs of the zinc photo paper.

I'm glad I got this mobile photo printer. I love it! Hehe!


space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...