18 April 2010

Yellow Brick Road and KCRW

I'm currently liking hearing this song from indie artist duo Angus and Julia Stone called Yellow Brick Road.

I first heard it being played in the car stereo while I was on the road in L.A. a few weeks ago.  I liked the melody and it also had some words pertaining to California plus some pretty good guitar riffs that I thought "how apt" and made sure to research on it online.  Lol!

The radio station playing it was 89.9 KCRW.  It has since become one of my favorite radio stations.

screenshot of kcrw.com


They broadcast not just interesting music programs (like KCRW Eclectic24) but also cultural/arts review programs (deejays discussing/critiquing books, etc.) and news from NPR.


screenshot of the link to play KCRW Eclectic24

I'm not even sure they were music deejays doing the critiquing.  And when they discuss things, it comes out natural, authentic, and intelligent that you become even more engrossed listening to them.  Lol!  I have never heard any other radio program that comes close to that.  'Cause most of the time the station discussions on local FM radio tend to be quite lacking on something I can't exactly pinpoint.  hehe!  Well, I could but I'd rather not elaborate on that here (you know what they say: 'If you haven't anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.'  Lol!).  I don't know how else to describe it.  Maybe if you heard what I heard on KCRW and compare, you'd know the difference and understand better what I mean.

So now, thanks to the Internet, I can listen to KCRW or KCRW Eclectic24 via iTunes and if there's no iTunes, then at their website.  Maybe you should try it too. ;)


space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...