18 April 2010

Dehydration

Turns out I've been dehydrated for several weeks already.  Exacerbated by travelling, and flights and not drinking enough water. No wonder then.  'Cause even I was wondering why I seemed to lack energy while on the road exploring, and was slow in movements until this week when things seemed to have gotten worse.  It's like you have the flu but you don't have the fever.   And the coughing was really strange and painful.

So I went to see a doctor yesterday and dehydration was the verdict + allergies.  It's just soooo hot lately that the doctor says these days make it even more imperative to drink plenty of water and he means mineral water in my case; not juice, sugary liquids, distilled water or any other derivative.

So after the doctor's visit we went to buy the meds he prescribed and get me some mineral water.  But which mineral water does my companion end up bringing to the car as we waited in the parking lot for her to return from the grocery?  Evian mineral water. "Natural mineral water from the French Alps" so the label says.  Waaaah!  The few 1.5L bottles she got of those cost about as much as what we pay for our water utility bill.  Lol!  Or we could have gotten about two to three times more of the one- to two-liter bottles of mineral water from local brands with the amount we shelled out for these Evian ones.  *sigh*



Good thing it doesn't seem to make me feel bloated, unlike most water I drink, especially cold ones (that's why I seldom drink plenty).  Oh well.  I'm a bit better now though.  No more painful and hard coughing.  Just have to drink that for a week more I guess. 

* photo from globalpackagegallery.com

space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...