15 June 2010

Venezia, Italia - The Maze to Piazza San Marco


This I believe is my all-time favorite photo that I took.  It was a slightly drizzly fall day in Venice, and I was going around in a maze trying to find Piazza San Marco.  The map I bought at the railway station didn't help any even if it cost me €11 or €18 (whispers:  pretty souvenir though, with a high quality plastic packet/cover, hehe!).  But losing my way was still worth it 'cause I ended up exploring other areas and streets in Venice and came across the scene above.

It was of two people walking ahead of me.  They were in coats and hats.  And given the gloominess of the day, the aesthetics of Venice, and some dark underpinnings in the atmosphere of the scene, I had to capture this very Venice but not touristy scene (with a cellphone cam, alas, 'cause it was faster to just flip it out and shoot); before the two people walking ahead of me totally disappear from view.

I just love this photo and the characteristic Venice scene I feel it was able to evoke.  Glad the shot made it in time. And yeah, I made it to Piazza San Marco eventually.  :P

See my other Venice trip photos here and here.


space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...