15 June 2010

Firenze, Italia - Of Whimsy, Cafe Bars and Gelato

Below are some of my favorite Florence, Italy trip pics.


I arrived in Florence on a rainy October night, after a long bus ride from Avignon, France.  I must say that my Florence trip is among my favorites.
The place is full of character.  Even the pension I stayed in used to be a religious property, along Via dei Seragli.  It's situated just across one of the old bridges spanning the Arno River.  And along the way, you get to walk past a few antique and design galleries with pieces I think you'd only find in Florence.  Very interesting indeed.

I like this photo 'cause it's a bit whimsical.  The Duomo is behind me and amid the gloom, there comes this burst of color and even more character from a lady's umbrella behind me; an umbrella with clouds against a sky blue background.  It's colors broke the gloominess of the photo's color theme as a consequence of the day's rainy fall weather -- a clean pop of white and blue against this gloomy backdrop.  Pretty fun seeing it.  Only in Florence I guess.  Lol.


2.  My cafe bar breakfast



Above is my breakfast at one of the cafe bars I encountered on the way to the Duomo, a sandwich and a cuppa cappuccino.  It's at one of those ubiquitous neighborhood Italian cafes that inspired the founding of Starbucks.  It's only now that I thought of that.  I guess nothing beats the real thing.


3.  My gelato

the choice of mouth-watering flavors.. lol


il buon gelato

Of course, a trip to Italy wouldn't be complete without a taste or more of their ice cream or gelato.  That's the cup of gelato I ordered while on the go.  Photo was shot on the Ponte Vecchio.  I don't remember which flavor I had though; probably cappuccino or some other coffee variant.  Not vanilla for sure.  Yum yum! :D

See more of my Florence trip pics here and here.

space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...