09 January 2010

New Cellphone


Sony Ericsson T707


I just got myself a new cellphone. Replaced my old Sony Ericsson w800i Walkman phone with another Sony Ericsson, a T707 in lucid blue. My old SE still works except the camera's autofocus doesn't work as fast anymore, and I just got tired of it. Plus its casing has come a bit loose from its screws after I've dropped it more than a dozen times already (and it still works). It's been my phone for more than the past 4 years.

I've been hankering for a clamshell phone again and it's great that SE released a new set of clamshell design phones last year. I used to have a Sony Ericsson Z600 clamshell phone with striped casing design.


Z600 in stripes




This time around I picked a blue T707. Had a hard time looking for it in Manila. No authorized distributor here sells this model, not even at the Sony Ericsson store in Glorietta. That branch doesn't even know if they'll ever release this model in the country. So I did some research on the Internet and bought mine from dbgadgets.multiply.com after months of waiting for Sony Ericsson Philippines to release it.


T707 in blue


The T707's cover has a ring design and a small circle at the corner which lights up in color whenever someone's calling me. The color can be customized per user. The big rings light up too in white. And it has gesture control such that you can wave or move or your palm over it to stop it from ringing when it does.

Other than that, it's a pretty simple phone. I'm not much of an Internet or multimedia junkie (tweets or IM via mobile phone, or online 24/7) so this phone works for me... just talk and text and some multimedia (mp3s and photography and videos). Off the top of my head, it's got the ff features:

pros of significance to me:
- quad band
- ringtones and alerts can be set to mp3 files you can transfer to the phone
- bluetooth
- Edge, HDPS, 3G
- m2 card
- USB data cable
- camera shutter sound can be turned off, unlike my old w800i's
- caller indicator via the light effects feature makes for a fun experience.. hehe!

cons:
- 3.x mp camera but not a Sony Cybershot. Camera's pretty good for a cellphone, except it doesn't have the features that a Sony Cybershot's got. No autofocus here too. Would have been nice to have a Cybershot camera with this phone. It's still a major gripe with this model. It's a letdown, after the flashy cover design and features. It just got lucky that I ended up buying it anyway 'cause I use other cameras and was looking for a clamshell Sony Ericsson phone that also works in North America. Hehe!


- My w800i had a flash light that came in quite handy a lot of times (for picture-taking, and utility purposes). This one doesn't come with any as far as I can tell.

- no wifi (for convenience)

To sum up, I'm quite happy with this phone. Its camera might not have autofocus and the works but it's better than my old w800i's as it turns out. You can adjust exposure settings with it, among other things. I just wish it came with a Cybershot camera. I like the phone color, material, and light effects, and the pros I mentioned above. But maybe next time, Sony Ericsson should produce a clamshell phone with their Sony Cybershot camera.

space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...