14 May 2011

Looking for an Alternative to Flickr?

I created an ipernity.com account just recently; after I got fed up with Flickr since Flickr only displays the last 200 of one's uploaded photos and I'm not yet ready nor willing to sign up for a paid account to display all my uploaded photos.  Hehe!

screenshot of my ipernity.com albums


So I looked around for another online photography album alternative that's similar to  Flickr, and discovered ipernity.com.  And a good thing too!  ipertinity.com displays up to the last 1000 photos uploaded vs Flickr's 200.  That's a vast difference.  

And one can upload up to 200mb worth of files each month.  But since I optimize my photos by resizing them for web display anyway, I'm able to upload a lot before it can even reach 200mb.  Teehee!

I was able to create about 20 sets or albums of photos and haven't yet reached uploading a thousand pics.  Nice!

So this is where I post selected photographs I took and organize them by category (i.e., black and white, macro, etc) rather than make it a mirror of my albums in my multiply.com account.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...