03 September 2013

Lord of War

Just finished watching Lord of War starring Nicholas Cage.  I thought it'd be an action-packed film but turns out it was even better than I had expected.

I never knew of this film 'til I saw it this past week or so on the TV guide list (Bravo channel) on my HD TV service and decided to have it recorded by the PVR.

Anyway the opening sequence alone was pretty nicely done.  I also liked the montage at the end.  Both are stunning.  I find this film is a deceptively intelligent and creative delivery of a simple but relevant story and this is what makes this film rather brilliant.  It's quite a satire.  And the fact that Nicholas Cage's character Yuri was in his business suit the whole time even when in the desert dealing arms is quite an effective tool to emphasize just what he is relative to the whole story.  It's kinda genius.  hehe.

Kudos to the writer/director Andrew Niccol.  And it's only after I watched Lord of War that I learned that it's the same director behind one of my favorite movies -- Gattaca.  Geez.  lol.

I love the soundtrack/score too. Gosh. Especially the choice of song for the end/credits -- Warlord by Antonio Pinto.   See/hear youtube link below.  I like the sound especially by 1:28 and how it was used in the end credits.  *shakes head*



space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...