18 February 2007

eeni mini mynee moh

"(insert my two first names here..)!! Europe is asking.... For Germany and Norway.... Before it's just for Germany, now, there's Norway too. "

"So, Norway, is that okay with you?"

That's the director, approaching me in front of everyone, telling me our Europe office is asking that.

Hmmmm... Ms. Norway?

The next week:
me to PM who just got back from business trip to Chicago: "I've been told am being deployed..."
PM: "Which countries were mentioned...?"
me: "I've been asked for Norway but Germany was also mentioned"
PM: "Well, you, which do you prefer?"
PM: "Germany or Norway?"

Huh? Now Germany too? Ms. Germany.. hihi.

A few days later:
Director: "France has asked, how about it, mademoiselle?"
Director and PM: "Where would you like to be?"
Director and PM: "Germany or France?"

Ms. Germany? France?

*sigh*.. I've been asked. At work. Now am confused.

Pwedeng UK na lang? Then it's Ms. England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. hahaha! :P Where do you really want to send me ba? haha! jk!


But I already know where am being sent. Regardless of which I prefer, management prevails, bien sur. And that's fine by me. As long as it's in the EU, and that it happens to be part of the top 3-4 countries where I want to be assigned. They all seem the same to me now. Except that at least I know some French whereas I don't know much German; just guten tag/morgen, danke schoen, achtung, schneller, scheiss (kids, don't say this at home :P), and bitte. :P And that Norway would have letters like this: ΓΈ. haha!

But bottomline is that, I get deployed. I left my previous employer when I knew I was being sent to the US (with an interview booked already at the embassy) because I was contacted and given a very interesting proposition by the soon-to-be-next and now-current employer that there'd be a lot of travel involved when I said I wasn't really looking to find a new place to work. And he started asking me what would make me leave my current employer. They certainly know when to throw the bait. haha!

Oh well. As to where am going in the spring, that's for me to know, and for you to find out. Soon enough. Hihi! I already know where am going. And it's to some place cold. :P Not much clue there, no? hehe!

space






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...